When you have overly ripe bananas, the best way to use these is to make banana bread. More than just a treat for your taste buds, it’s also rich in potassium and fiber. The happy sweet aroma of freshly baked banana bread fills the air all over the kitchen, making it so enticing for a mouthful.
Savor every bite of banana bread bursting with sweet chocolate chips as you take your time with a hot cup of coffee in the morning. It is baked to perfection, with crispy corners that make you want to spread it with butter on top while warm. This recipe for hearty banana bread is sure to satisfy everyone. Bake in perfection, edges become slightly brown and crispy, spreading butter on top while warm makes it irresistible!
You can’t go wrong with this banana bread recipe with chocolate chips and oatmeal. Use overripe bananas (black or dark brown) to yield the best flavor. The darker, the better. Overripe bananas are perfect for making the best banana bread. This is a no-brainer, so easy and simple banana bread recipe. There is no need for any special equipment like a stand mixer or hand mixer. All you need is a mixing bowl, spatula, loaf pan, and you’re good to go. So let’s start baking!
How to make banana bread?
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 55 minutes
Yield: 1 banana bread loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole grain rolled oats (or quick-cook oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster or white sugar (or honey)
- 2 large eggs 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes. Prepare a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a medium-size bowl using a fork. It’s good to have some lumps of bananas on the batter mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: Sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the melted butter and sugar. Then crack eggs into the bowl one at a time and beat it well. Add milk, vinegar, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Gently fold the batter until combined, and no more trace of flour. Do not over mix as it will make the banana bread dense instead of soft and fluffy.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Take out from the oven. Wrap with aluminum foil while it’s warm to trap the steam and moisture. This way of doing will make your banana bread very moist and soft—store at room temperature for up to 3 days.